Friday, April 25, 2008

Arbit Kannada Movies

I was browsing the extensive collection of movies at Kannada Store, and chanced upon some masterpieces. What were these people thinking, when they made such movies?

Starting off, we have aasEgObba meesEgObba, which roughly translated means "one for love, one for the mustache". I guess it deals with the conundrum the heroine feels in choosing between her (unmustached) lover and her (mustached) husband.

I've heard of white wine, but white wife? That is what the next movie in our list biLi henDti means. I guess it has something to do with a foriegn wife, which used to be (and still is) the No.1 fear of all mothers who's son is abroad.


jaatakaratna gunDajOyeesa, apparently was a famous astrologer. I guess they wanted to make a movie in the line of kaviratna kaaLidasa or amarashilpi jakaNachari, but couldn't afford Rajkumar.

what can I say about chor guru chaanDaal shishya? When a company called Nakoda makes movies, expect cheapness.



number aidu yekka, coincidentally is number 5 in my list. For the life of me I cannot think of any card game where 5-A is a winning hand.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Howlario!

Anonymous said...

:-D. Here are few more interesting ones:

Mr. garagasa (released this month)
hrudaya I miss you (yet to be released)
dakOTA express (2005 production)
huchchana maduveyalli uMDavanE jANa

PS: The movie "Asegobba mIsegobba" is a (bad) remake of "Golmaal".